The leaves are turning red and yellow, the nights are getting colder and the days shorter. I love this time of the year. It is colourful, calm and mysterious. I really enjoy the autumn skies with the most interesting cloud shapes and the fresh air. And what would fit better into an autumn day than a lovely warm bowl of soup? This is my very first post with one of my favourite recipes for you. Enjoy!
Broccoli and Zucchini SoupLevel: Easy | Time: 30 minutes | serves 2
Knob of butter
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 medium-sized Zucchinis, washed and cut into pieces
400 grams of broccoli, washed and cut into florets
750 ml of chicken or vegetable stock
1 big spoon of crème fraiche
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized pot and cook the onions for 5-10 minutes until soft and glossy but not brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes before adding the zucchini and the broccoli.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Take the pot of the heat and allow the soup to cool down a bit.
- Purée the soup in a blender and return to the pot.
- Add the crème fraiche and salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve in pre-heated bowls with a nice handful of chopped chives and a small tablespoon of crème fraiche.