I have to admit that the idea to cook this soup just came to me when I was food shopping and found a bag of pre-cut soup veggies. I felt a bit lazy this weekend and wanted to get a few things done. I needed something that could look after itself.
So, this recipe was just perfect. All I had to do was adding the soup base veggies (in this case the luxury pre-cut version) into a large pot; add 2 litres of water and 500 grams of chicken pieces. I usually use chicken drums but it really depends on what you can get. I let that cook with a bit of salt and pepper for 40 minutes on a low to medium heat. And the soup is almost done.
This gave me enough time for my favourite household task of all times: ironing. If I ever become a wealthy woman this is surely the first thing I will hire someone for. I can promise you that!Level: Easy | Time: 60 minutes | serves 4
500 grams of chicken pieces such as drumsticks or thighs
Soup base veggies (500 grams) Leek, Carrot, Herb Celery and Parsley
2 litres of water
Small cup of cooked rice
Small cup of cooked sweet corn
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add the soup base veggies, chicken pieces, 2 litres of water and salt and pepper into a large pot and bring to a boil. Cook on a low to medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes take the chicken pieces out of the pot and let them cool down.
- Set the pot aside for now and cook the rice in a separate pan.
- When the chicken has cooled down, cut the nice white meat of the bone and add it to the soup. You have to be very careful not to add any bones, fat or anything you would not like in your bowl.
- Now, add everything (chicken, rice and a small cup of sweet corn) to the pot and reheat for 5-10 minutes.
- Voila – hassle free chicken soup!