Today I would like to share a simple but delicious potato soup with you. I am adding salmon because I believe it makes it even more delicious but if you are not into pink fishy things J, you could also add smoked bacon or eat the soup as it is.
Level: Easy | Time: 30 minutes | serves 2
1 knob of butter
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 leek, washed and cut into rings
1 carrot peeled and cut into small pieces
650 millilitres of vegetable stock
A little cream if you like
50 grams of smoked salmon
Chives (1 handful)
Salt and Pepper
1 bay leave
- Heat a little butter in a medium-sized pot on a medium heat. Add the onions and the garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes before adding the stock, the bay leave and salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup until smooth and add the cream (if you want to use it).
- If the soup it to thick, add a little more stock.
- Ladle the soup into preheated bowls. Place the smoked salmon in the middle and decorate with sprinkled chives.